วันพุธที่ 28 ธันวาคม พ.ศ. 2559

6 fitness models reveal their diet secrets

We asked 6 fitness models to share their diet secrets. Prepare to be pleasantly surprised.

Andrea Albright diet secrets - Fitness model - IMAGE - Women's Health & Fitness

Andrea Albright's diet secrets

My number one weight loss secret is my trademarked phrase, Count Chemicals, Not Calories!™.This will the stop calorie-counting obsession that the diet industry has brainwashed us into believing.

One of the biggest changes in my diet, and subsequently my body, was changing from a low-fat to a relatively high-fat diet. I trained my body to be a fat-burning rather than a sugar-burning machine. I eat carbs at night! (Gasp!) That's actually the best time to do it. I also eat a lot of food for a tiny girl. I don't know how many calories, but I eat six meals a day, each with 20 to 25 grams of protein, and a heap of green vegies, along with natural fats, coconut oil, olive oil, and nuts here and there. Water, water everywhere! I never eat sugar; it's toxic for me, and for a lot of other women. 

On treats

I never leave the house hungry, and I always leave with healthy food packed and ready. The outside world is a war zone when it comes to bad food! When I do 'cheat', and it's actually not cheating but calorie-spiking to keep my metabolic rate elevated, it's Thai food. Just planning it here and there keeps me away from any bingeing, as I know I'm only a few days away all the time from a treat. And honestly, I love the taste of the foods I eat every day. It sounds like common sense, but you should never eat something that you don't love to eat. 

What to avoid

I cut out all alcohol, decrease my salt intake, and of course, no sugar. Sugar is directly related to cellulite and a host of other problems. I do unique yoga postures that help to eliminate cellulite and increase fat burning.


Meaghan-Terzis' diet secrets - PICTURE- Women's Health & Fitness

Meaghan Terzis' diet secrets

On food:
I never like to say I am on a diet; for me it's a lifestyle. In terms of aesthetics and performance, I believe the kitchen plays a huge role. A healthy diet full of fruits, vegetables, healthy fats and lean sources of protein is helpful, as is eating every two to three hours to keep your metabolism revving and averting hunger that could lead to overeating or poor choices.

On cravings:
Once in a while I have that craving for something salty and crunchy so I open up a can of chick peas and place them in an oven safe dish, drizzle a little bit of olive oil and add a dash of sea salt and roast them in the oven for one hour.

On festive season excesses:
When it comes to the holidays and the festive season, one thing seems to come to mind: food, and lots of it. To manage social events anchored by high-calorie drinks, lollies, canapés and desserts, I suggest drinking lots of water and either skipping alcohol or having one glass. To keep a check on portions, serve what you plan to eat on a plate rather than choosing as you go; it's easy to lose track!


Jessica Sicoly's diet secrets - IMAGE - Women's Health & Fitness

Jessica Sicoly's diet secrets

On eating well
I concentrate on eating whole, unprocessed, real foods. My diet staples are fresh berries (I love blueberries and raspberries), large flake oats, eggs, chicken, quinoa, and loads and loads of fresh vegies of all kinds, shapes and sizes (I love squash and pumpkin).

I stay disciplined with my nutrition and fitness by cooking! I love trying new recipes and creating things my fiancé and I enjoy. When you enjoy the food you eat, you don't have the desire to 'stray' and binge on terrible food. As soon as you label food as a 'diet' food, I feel that sense of 'cheating' becomes automatic.

On treat meals
I definitely do allow myself to enjoy some time off from training, taking adequate rest when needed and allowing myself to enjoy foods that aren't 'clean'. I don't like being super restrictive with my diet, because then I'm more prone to crave those sugary salty foods.

I find that making sure my meals consist of healthy proteins (meat, eggs, legumes), healthy fats, and complex carbohydrates (including fruit, veggies and whole grains) usually does the trick to get me back on plan. My favourite treat food is ice cream!


Amanda Adams' diet secrets - IMAGE - Women's Health & Fitness

Amanda Adams' diet secrets

My approach to food is much healthier and realistic than it was in the past. If I have a photo shoot coming up, I don't ever do anything drastic. I will decrease my carbs just a little, increase the intensity of my workouts and focus on getting enough water and sleep.

In the past my diet was more focused on my outward appearance and had nothing to do with how I felt on the inside, my energy level, what my organs and brain needed, etc. I would have days where I felt weak and dizzy, but since I still had a six-pack, I didn't care. I finally crashed. I've found a happy balance with everything, which has resulted in more energy, happier social life, and just an overall positive outlook on life. My diet staples are lean ground beef tacos, Greek yoghurt with walnuts and fruit, and spicy egg white omelettes.

On cheat meals
I honestly believe that you can have your cake and eat it too; my favourite treats would have to be ice cream, pizza, cheeseburgers, and margaritas! In the past I would limit myself to one cheat meal but that didn't work for me as I would want treats even more and would want to binge on the weekend. In my #aabikinibody program, we help women get off the harmful, restrictive binge cycle and find a balance with eating. It's freeing.


Holly Barker's diet secrets - IMAGE - Women's Health & Fitness

Holly Barker's diet secrets

Diet secrets

My diet staples are egg whites, oats, fish, chicken, green anything, squash, coconut oil and nut butter, because you can do a lot with these staples.

I usually stick to the same foods, but will change up the way I prepare them. I add natural herbs and spices to make anything sweet or savoury and never find I am bored with my plan. This is what works for me, but I know it is not for everyone. It is easier for me to stick to my plan and stick to whole foods rather than have wiggle room or follow a macro breakdown. I enjoy the taste of fresh foods and find that not consuming artificial sweeteners or sugar substitutes helps me keep cravings at bay.

The final word

The keys to your healthiest lifestyle are consistency and time. It is a process and will pay major dividends as long as you stay the course. Keep it simple and get the basics down on eating healthy before getting too fancy.

It is important to eat real, whole foods with the least processing. Once you find out how your body reacts to certain foods and how you function best with certain amounts of fats, proteins and carbs, you can use these fundamentals to build a plan with a lot of variety and tasty meals and treats.


 

Theresa Jenn Lopetrone's diet secrets - image - Women's Health & Fitness

Theresa Jenn Lopetrone's diet secrets

On treat meals 

I think it's important to eat treats mindfully and really be present with what you are eating so you can fully enjoy it and feel satisfied. I take great pleasure in mindfully eating chocolate and cake. You can't eat these items on a daily basis, but there is no reason you can't have one serving on the weekend if you have been consistent with eating clean and being active all week long. The key is to plan what treat you want and what day you will eat your treat.
On eating clean

After learning from health and fitness magazines how to tweak my diet, I thought it was time to focus on eating food for my health and not for losing weight.

 

{nomultithumb}

 

ไม่มีความคิดเห็น:

แสดงความคิดเห็น